From 19th to 21st October, 2017, the Italian city of Bergamo hosted the 13th International Contest Emozioni Dal Mondo Merlot e Cabernet Insieme, designed for single-varietals and blends from the grapes Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot.
Some statistics of the contest:
- 256 wine samples from 22 countries (40% samples from Italy);
- 75 commissioners (42 foreigners and 31 Italian) from 28 countries;
- 77 gold medals (points 85/100 and higher, and within 30% of the total number of participating wines, according to the OIV Regulations) went to 14 countries – Italy, China, Serbia, Croatia, Israel, Argentina, Australia, Hungary, Romania, South Africa, Canada, Malta, Greece and Slovakia;
- Web Award – given to an Australian Merlot;
- Special Awards for Crossings;
- Press Prizes – attributed by the commission of journalists one for the nation to the wine with the highest score in that nation and with a score of more than 85/100 points. Among the 20 Press Prizes was A Hundred Shades of Red. Cabernet Fanagoria 2013.
Photo by: @garaevam