At the Austrian Wine Competition annually held in Vienna, Fanagoria Estate Winery was awarded the title of The Best National Producer in 2014 (Russia).
According to the organizers, the AWC Vienna is “the largest and most successful wine competition in the world, officially recognised by the European Union.” In 2014,
12,352 wines from 1,885 producers out of 40 nations participated in the contest, which made it the absolute world’s record. The jury panel consisted of 400 wine experts from throughout the world. Out of the total number of wine samples delivered, 14.1% were given gold medals.
Fanagoria prizewinning wines at AWC 2014:
- Cru Lermont. Chardonnay 2012 – gold (90.7 points – qualified as a finalist of the special prize, The Best White Wine)
- A Hundred Shades of Red. Cabernet Sauvignon 2011 – gold (90.5)
- Cru Lermont. Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 – silver (89.5)
- Cru Lermont. Saperavi 2012 – silver (88.3)
- Cru Lermont. Pinot Noir 2012 – silver (88.2)
- Cabernet Franc Rosé Sparkling – silver (88.3)
- Madame Pompadour Brut – silver (88.8)
- Muscat Ottonel Sparkling Young Wine – silver (89.6)
- NR. Sauvignon Blanc 2013 – Seal of Approval (86.9)